The University of Florida Libraries are committed to ensuring access to library collections and services for individuals with disabilities. It is library policy to respond to requests for assistance and to provide equipment needed in a timely manner. If what you need is not available, please ask at the circulation desk in any library.
Education Library Elevator
Accessing the Elevator
Any patron of the library who is in need of assistance with accessing the building, for whatever reason, may request use of the elevator.
Instructions for Elevator Use
Going from the ground floor up to the library: Request the elevator using the intercom phone by the elevator on the ground floor. A library staff member will respond within 1-2 minutes.
Going from the library to the ground floor below the library: Request the elevator by asking a library staff member at the Circulation Desk who will respond within 1-2 minutes.
Accessible restrooms are available on the first and second floors.
Proxy Borrowing authorizes another individual to serve as a proxy and check out library materials on behalf of a user with disabilities. You can request a proxy borrowing card at the following circulation desks: the Education Library, Library West, the Health Science Center Library, and the Legal Information Center.
- A tabletop Topaz Video Magnifier is located at a study station opposite group study room 2-150C.
- A Sapphire Portable Magnifier is available for 3-day checkout at the Circulation Desk
- An Amplicall CLA3 hearing aid compatible headset and mic available for 2-hour checkout from the Circulation Desk
- The Education Library provides a KIC Bookeye Scanner with the following accessibility features:
- Converts text to audio file
- Foot pedal scanning
- Large type screen
- All campus libraries have computers accessible to wheelchair users.
- Fonts may be enlarged on library workstations by clicking “text size” then “increase” under View on the toolbar.
- Education Library general assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Library web questions: Contact library web manager
- Visit UF’s Disability Resource Center, or call them at 352-392-8565 for additional help including accessibility in the learning environment, assistive technology resources available to students, or accessibility consultation.
- Accessibility at UF
- Emergency Evacuation for People with Disabilities
- TDD 1-800-955-8771 or dial 711 and ask for any library phone number listed here.