Director of the Education Library
Associate University Librarian
Education Library Room 1502
Ed.D. University of Florida, Higher Education Administration
MSLS University of Kentucky, Library Science
M.Ed. University of Louisville, Counseling Psychology
B.S. Campbellsville University, Psychology & Sociology
Research Interests: Information seeking behavior of students, emerging educational technologies, assessment of library services, higher education administration and leadership
Subject Specialist for Counselor Education; Educational Leadership; Higher Education Administration; Marriage and Family Counseling; Mental Health Counseling; Research and Evaluation Methodology; School Counseling and Guidance; School Psychology; Student Personnel in Higher Education.
- Co-PI – Full STEAM Ahead: Mixed Reality Laptops @ Education
- Investigator – Researching Students’ Information Choices: Determining Identity and Judging Credibility in Digital Spaces (IMLS)
- PI – Education Library Tech Upgrade
- Team Member – Developing a 3D Printing Education Resources Collection
- Team Member – Florida and Puerto Rico Digital newspaper Project – Phase II
- Silipigni Connaway, L., Valenza, J., Cyr, C., Cataldo, T., Buhler, A., Faniel, I., Elrod, R., Graff, R., Putnam, S., Brannon, B., Hood, E. & Langer, K. (2019). Authority, context, and containers: Student perceptions and judgments when using Google for school work. IFLA Conference Paper. Retrieved from https://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00010953/00001
- Hines, A., Elrod, R., Huet A., Ewing, S., & Freund, L. (2019). Putting the audience in charge of the message: Assessment of student-generated public relations campaigns in an academic library. Marketing Libraries Journal, 2(3), 65-79. Retrieved from http://journal.marketinglibraries.org/summer2019/06_MLJv3i2_Feature_HinesEtAl.pdf
- Cataldo, T., Langer, K., Buhler, A., Putnam, S., Elrod, R., Faniel, I., Connaway, L., Cyr, C., Brannon, B., Valenza, J., Hood, E., & Graff, R. (2019). Science and news: A study of students’ judgements of online scientific news information. Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship, 93. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.29173/istl25
- Elrod, R. (2019). “I didn’t realize that I needed books that often”: A narrative inquiry approach to understanding student experiences during the temporary closure of a branch library. Journal of Learning Spaces, 8(1), 10-18. Retrieved from http://libjournal.uncg.edu/jls/article/view/1749
- Buhler, A., Faniel, I., Brannon, B., Cyr, C., Cataldo, T., Connaway, L., Valenza, J., Elrod, R., Graff, R., Putnam, S. R., Hood, E. M., & Langer, K. (2019). Container collapse and the information remix: Students’ evaluations of scientific research recast in scholarly vs. popular sources. ACRL (Association of College and Research Libraries) Conference Paper, Cleveland, OH. Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/conferences/confsandpreconfs/2019/ContainerCollapseandInformationRemix.pdf
- Elrod, R., & Mielish, J. (2018). Strategic partnerships: Thinking outside the administrative box. Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 42(9), 617-622.
- Elrod, R., Haynes, C., Cade, S., Forrest, A., Loch, E., Schuckman, G. (2018). No cookie cutter approach: Supervision in community college student affairs. Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 43(2), 149-152. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10668926.2018.1424664
- Elrod, R. (2016). Tinkering with teachers: The case for 3D printing in the Education Library. Education Libraries, 39(1). Retrieved from http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1122039.pdf
- Elrod, R. & Appling, B. (2015). Establishing a state-level open-access journal: The case of South Carolina Libraries. Against the Grain, 27(2), 46-48.
- Elrod, R., Wallace, E., & Sirigos, C. (2012). Teaching information literacy: A review of 100 syllabi. The Southeastern Librarian, 60(3), 8-15.