Director of the Education Library
Associate University Librarian
Education Library Room 2-150B
Ed.D. University of Florida, Higher Education Administration
MSLS University of Kentucky, Library Science
M.Ed. University of Louisville, Counseling Psychology
B.S. Campbellsville University, Psychology & Sociology
Research Interests: Information seeking behavior of students, emerging educational technologies, assessment of library services, higher education administration and leadership
Subject Specialist for Counselor Education; Educational Leadership; Higher Education Administration; Marriage and Family Counseling; Mental Health Counseling; Research and Evaluation Methodology; School Counseling and Guidance; School Psychology; Student Personnel in Higher Education.
- Co-PI – Full STEAM Ahead: Mixed Reality Laptops @ Education
- Investigator – Researching Students’ Information Choices: Determining Identity and Judging Credibility in Digital Spaces (IMLS)
- PI – Education Library Tech Upgrade
- Team Member – Developing a 3D Printing Education Resources Collection
- Team Member – Florida and Puerto Rico Digital newspaper Project – Phase II
- Silipigni Connaway, L., Valenza, J., Cyr, C., Cataldo, T., Buhler, A., Faniel, I., Elrod, R., Graff, R., Putnam, S., Brannon, B., Hood, E. & Langer, K. (2019). Authority, context, and containers: Student perceptions and judgments when using Google for school work. IFLA Conference Paper. Retrieved from https://ufdc.ufl.edu/IR00010953/00001
- Hines, A., Elrod, R., Huet A., Ewing, S., & Freund, L. (2019). Putting the audience in charge of the message: Assessment of student-generated public relations campaigns in an academic library. Marketing Libraries Journal, 2(3), 65-79. Retrieved from http://journal.marketinglibraries.org/summer2019/06_MLJv3i2_Feature_HinesEtAl.pdf
- Cataldo, T., Langer, K., Buhler, A., Putnam, S., Elrod, R., Faniel, I., Connaway, L., Cyr, C., Brannon, B., Valenza, J., Hood, E., & Graff, R. (2019). Science and news: A study of students’ judgements of online scientific news information. Issues in Science & Technology Librarianship, 93. Retrieved from https://doi.org/10.29173/istl25
- Elrod, R. (2019). “I didn’t realize that I needed books that often”: A narrative inquiry approach to understanding student experiences during the temporary closure of a branch library. Journal of Learning Spaces, 8(1), 10-18. Retrieved from http://libjournal.uncg.edu/jls/article/view/1749
- Buhler, A., Faniel, I., Brannon, B., Cyr, C., Cataldo, T., Connaway, L., Valenza, J., Elrod, R., Graff, R., Putnam, S. R., Hood, E. M., & Langer, K. (2019). Container collapse and the information remix: Students’ evaluations of scientific research recast in scholarly vs. popular sources. ACRL (Association of College and Research Libraries) Conference Paper, Cleveland, OH. Retrieved from http://www.ala.org/acrl/sites/ala.org.acrl/files/content/conferences/confsandpreconfs/2019/ContainerCollapseandInformationRemix.pdf
- Elrod, R., & Mielish, J. (2018). Strategic partnerships: Thinking outside the administrative box. Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 42(9), 617-622.
- Elrod, R., Haynes, C., Cade, S., Forrest, A., Loch, E., Schuckman, G. (2018). No cookie cutter approach: Supervision in community college student affairs. Community College Journal of Research and Practice, 43(2), 149-152. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10668926.2018.1424664
- Elrod, R. (2016). Tinkering with teachers: The case for 3D printing in the Education Library. Education Libraries, 39(1). Retrieved from http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1122039.pdf
- Elrod, R. & Appling, B. (2015). Establishing a state-level open-access journal: The case of South Carolina Libraries. Against the Grain, 27(2), 46-48.
- Elrod, R., Wallace, E., & Sirigos, C. (2012). Teaching information literacy: A review of 100 syllabi. The Southeastern Librarian, 60(3), 8-15.