Assistant University Librarian
Education Library Room 2-150A
Ph.D. University of Florida, Curriculum & Instruction, in progress
MLIS Florida State University, Library and Information Science
B.S. University of Central Florida, Elementary Education
Research Interests: Accessibility, information literacy, and children’s literature
Subject Specialist for Art Education; Curriculum, Teaching, & Teacher Education; Early Childhood Studies; Educational Technology; Elementary Education; English Education; ESOL/Bilingual Education; Children’s Literature; Mathematics Education; Reading and Literacy Education; Schools, Society, and Culture; Science Education; Social Studies Education; Special Education; Statistics Education; Teacher Leadership for School Improvement.
- PI – The Coral Way Bilingual Experiment Digital Collection (1961 to 1966)
- Co-PI – Full STEAM Ahead: Mixed Reality Laptops @ Education
- Team Member – Fabrication Technologies Supporting Student Coursework
- Team Member – Education Library Tech Upgrade
- Kester, B. (Apr. 2020). Zoom, Zoom, Zoom: Using Video Conferencing to Collaborate with Faculty and Support Distance Learners. Digital Poster Session at the Association of College & Research Libraries Distance Learning Section Spring 2020 Virtual Poster Session. Online.
- Peterson, R., Homes, A., Kester, B. & Worthington, L. (Mar. 2020). Stranger Things: When Early-Career Librarians Engage the Unknown and Roll for Perception. Presented at The Library Collective. Knoxville, TN.
- Kester, B., de Farber, B., & Coady, M. (Feb. 2020). Revealing a Hidden History: Coral Way, the First Publicly Funded Bilingual Program in the US. Speakers: Dr. Maria Coady, Orestes Gonzalez, Bess de Farber, & Brittany Kester. Presented at the University of Florida. Gainesville, FL.
- Kester, B., Elrod, R, & Lazarevic, B. (Oct. 2019). zSpace: Transforming Teaching and Learning with Mixed Reality. Poster Session at the Florida Association of College & Research Libraries 2019 Annual Conference. Ft. Lauderdale, FL.